Location: Tacoma, WA
Schedule: M-F | 5:00am-1:30pm
The position of Shipping Helper is to assist in loading product in shipping and unloading product at job sites. The person hired for this role will need to work the assigned shift which does have hours that could include mandatory overtime.
– Load/unload items from trucks in accordance with established production schedules, quality and safety standards, and weight distribution to comply with DOT regulations
– Check/inspect that items loaded/unloaded are in good condition and escalate to Supervisor or Lead if repair or damaged product is identified
– Interpret paperwork, verbal requests, and instructions to properly load and unload trailers and trucks for shipping
– Check shipping paperwork for loading and unloading instructions to ensure correct trailer is being loaded and unloaded to customer specifications
– Maximize trailer space without overloading
– Record amount and type of items being delivered
– Utilizing safe lifting techniques
– May help to fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows, pre and post trips check paperwork, lock, and unlock trailers/trucks in and out of dock, and clean inside of truck
– Help to inspect their box trucks or trailer before and after the trip and record any defects to immediate Supervisor or member of management. Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel
– Help truck driver to get goods to client on time
– Other duties as assigned
– High School diploma or GED.
– Previous experience in a similar position preferred
– Ability to work with a wide variety of tools including the following: Roller for plastic, screw drivers, tape measure, and others
– Able to use material handling equipment, pallet jacks and forklifts
– Ability to understand read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
– Awareness about safety issues and alertness to avoid any mishap
– Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
– Attendance/Punctuality–Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
– Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
– Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Standing and/or approximately 8-10 hours, 5 days a week, depending on business need. May be required to work 6 days/week depending on business need
– Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, particularly reading that may be very fine print
– The employee will regularly be twisting, bending, squatting, pushing, and moving. The employee will frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Exposure to moving mechanical parts
– Occasionally exposed to vibration
– Noise level is loud and ear protection is on hand
– Employees may be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace
– Sawdust is always present, and protection is provided when appropriate
– Working from heights
Frontier Door and Cabinet’s Safety Program and all established safety rules must be followed, and equipment used where required. This will include safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection (when needed) while on the production floor. This position will also require the use of gloves, dust masks, a hard hat, & person fall arrest equipment.
Download the PDF below, fill out the Employment Application and save the PDF.
Upload the PDF at the button below by filling out needed information and then click submit!
Thanks for your submission!