Schedule: Monday-Friday | 8:00am-5:00pm
This position is responsible for creating and improving effective vendor management processes to support successful partnerships with vendors to ensure product is available for manufacturing on time and within budget.
– Assist with creation and improvement of vendor management process to include compliance requirements related to purchasing and inventory control.
– Maintain warehouse and inventory control process.
– Establish and enforce purchasing policies.
– Verify quantities and specifications of purchase requests/products to ensure accuracy of materials purchased.
– Train others in Agility, the company’s ERP system, as needed- become the subject matter expert, guide the training
– Ensure materials, equipment and supplies are ordered and delivered so the company’s manufacturing process functions smoothly.
– Maintain records of purchases and work with suppliers to ensure proper stock/receipt of materials to ensure fluid flow of production.
– Knowledge of materials to ensure items ordered are properly ordered.
– Work to negotiate prices with the vendors, placing orders, and setting delivery times to ensure appropriate inventory level
– Exercise discretion and independent judgment when ordering materials
– Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information regarding purchasing/materials to internal and external customers
– May help with administrative day to day coordination of small, quick turn projects
– A high school diploma or GED
– A minimum of 3 years of experience in a purchasing role or similar role
– Previous management experience
– Manufacturing experience is preferred, but related experience is acceptable
– Strong experience working with purchasing systems and processes
– Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
– Familiarity with ERP systems
– Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment, working with other department heads, seeing “the big picture.”
– Problem-solver who can “think outside of the box” when faced with challenges
– Task and detail oriented with strong organizational skills
– Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
– Collaborates and influences appropriately
– Ability to meet deadlines and milestones
– Good written and professional verbal communication skills
– Able to exercise good judgment
– Regular attendance
– A sense of urgency and a passion for customer and company satisfaction
– Ability to understand read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, particularly reading that may be very fine print.
– The employee may occasionally lift and/or move > 30 lbs.
– Sitting 6-8 hours per day. Option to stand while working.
Download the PDF below, fill out the Employment Application and save the PDF.
Upload the PDF at the button below by filling out needed information and then click submit!
Thanks for your submission!