Pay (Salaried, exempt): $50,000-$65,000
Frontier Door and Cabinet is a leader in the residential and commercial construction field, applying the most innovative and cutting-edge manufacturing techniques from initial design to installation of its doors and cabinets. The Company is experiencing tremendous growth, with high market potential, and is seeking a Purchasing Specialist to join our team.
The Purchasing Specialist will manage and coordinate the procurement process, ensuring the timely and cost-effective acquisition of materials and services necessary for cabinet production. The primary focus will be on sourcing suppliers, negotiating contracts, and maintaining strong relationships with vendors specific to the cabinet manufacturing industry. The role requires excellent analytical and negotiation skills, a strong business acumen, and a proven track record in strategic purchasing ideally within the cabinet manufacturing sector.
– Develop and implement procurement strategies specific to cabinet manufacturing, considering factors such as material quality, availability, and pricing.
– Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers of raw materials, hardware, and components for cabinet production, ensuring adherence to quality standards and delivery schedules.
– Negotiate favorable terms and conditions with suppliers, including pricing, volume discounts, and warranty provisions, while complying with company policies and budgetary constraints.
– Conduct market research and analysis to identify emerging trends, new product offerings, and cost-saving opportunities within the cabinet manufacturing industry.
– Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including design, production, and sales teams, to understand their procurement needs and provide guidance and support throughout the purchasing process.
– Manage supplier relationships, monitor their performance, and address any issues or concerns promptly to ensure uninterrupted production and delivery of cabinets.
– Maintain accurate records of procurement activities, including purchase orders, contracts, and supplier agreements, and ensure compliance with relevant documentation and regulations.
– Continuously evaluate and optimize the procurement process, seeking ways to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of materials used in cabinet production.
– Stay updated on industry regulations, environmental standards, and safety requirements related to cabinet manufacturing, and ensure suppliers’ compliance with these standards.
– Prepare reports and present findings to management, highlighting key insights and recommendations to optimize procurement operations and support informed decision-making.
– Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a related field is a plus.
– Proven experience in strategic purchasing or procurement within the cabinet manufacturing industry.
– In-depth knowledge of cabinet manufacturing processes, materials, and suppliers, including understanding of wood species, hardware, finishes, and industry-specific quality standards.
– Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations governing the cabinet manufacturing industry, including environmental and safety standards.
– Strong negotiation and contract management skills, with the ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify cost-saving opportunities, mitigate risks, and ensure timely delivery of materials.
– Proficiency in using procurement software and other relevant tools.
– Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
– Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality in the procurement process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Standing approximately 8-10 hours, 5 days a week, depending on business need, may be required to work 6 days/week depending on business need.
– Fine motor abilities are needed to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
– Specific vision abilities might be required by this job that include close vision, particularly reading that may be very fine print.
– Regular twisting, bending, squatting, pushing, pivoting, and moving or lifting up to 100 pounds.
– Employees will frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds while occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
– Conveyance systems and rollers are available to move pieces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Exposure to moving mechanical equipment.
– Exposed to vibration from machines.
– Noise level is loud and ear protection is available.
– Employees may be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
– Sawdust is always present and eye protection is always required.
Frontier Door and Cabinet’s Safety Program and all established safety rules must be followed, and equipment used where required. This will include safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection (when needed) while on the production floor.
Download the PDF below, fill out the Employment Application and save the PDF.
Upload the PDF at the button below by filling out needed information and then click submit!
Thanks for your submission!