The position of Dock Support is to assist in unloading product in receiving or loading product in shipping. The person hired for this role will need to work the assigned shift which does have hours that could include mandatory overtime.
Date: March 2023
– Load/unload items from trucks in accordance with established production schedules, quality and safety standards, and weight distribution to comply with DOT regulations
– Load cabinets, millwork, doors, trim, hardware, and custom items onto trucks for delivery to jobsites and per loading and unloading instructions to ensure correct trailer is being used
– Check/inspect that items loaded/unloaded are in good condition and escalate to Supervisor or Lead if repair or damaged product is identified
– Record amount and type of items being delivered
– May help to fill up on fuel, pre and post trips check paperwork, lock, and unlock trailers/trucks in and out of dock, and clean inside of truck
– Utilization of safe lifting techniques
– High School diploma or GED
– Previous experience in a similar position preferred
– Basic mathematics
– Ability to work with a wide variety of tools including the following: Roller for plastic wrap, screw drivers, tape measure, and others
– Able to use material handling equipment, pallet jacks and forklifts
– Utilize situational awareness in detecting any deviation in the functioning of the machine
– Ability to understand read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
– Ensuring that safety is always top priority while working
– Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
– Attendance/Punctuality–Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
– Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
– Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Standing approximately 8-10 hours, 5 days a week, depending on business need, may be required to work 6 days/week depending on business need
– Fine motor abilities are needed to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
– Specific vision abilities might be required by this job that include close vision, particularly reading that may be very fine print
– Regular twisting, bending, squatting, pushing, pivoting, and moving or lifting up to 100 pounds
– Employees will frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds while occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
– Conveyance systems and rollers are available to move pieces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
– Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Exposure to moving mechanical equipment
– Exposed to vibration from machines
– Noise level is loud and ear protection is available
– Employees may be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace
– Sawdust is always present and eye protection is always required
Frontier Door and Cabinet’s Safety Program and all established safety rules must be followed, and equipment used where required. This will include safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection (when needed) while on the production floor.
Download the PDF below, fill out the Employment Application and save the PDF.
Upload the PDF at the button below by filling out needed information and then click submit!
Thanks for your submission!