Schedule: M-F | 6:00am-2:30pm
This position is responsible for delivery to job sites using vehicles such as company box trucks or vans to transport cabinets and door materials to job sites. Once at the job site, the driver is responsible to ensure the product is unloaded safely and without damage.
– Complete Pre-trip Inspection and Post-trip inspections per requirements.
– Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
– Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
– Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
– Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
– Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations immediately to a supervisor. Road trip inspections and examinations must be returned to the Shipping Supervisor at the end of each business day.
– Use and maintain the tools or equipment found on commercial vehicles, such as weighing or measuring devices.
– Maintain good driving record in accordance with Company insurance requirements.
– Ensure contents of truck are properly secured to prevent damage or injury
– Load and unload cargo, this may involve use of pallet jacks and/or hand trucks to move items that weigh 100 lbs. on a hand truck.
– Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs
– Keep the truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order
– High School diploma or GED
– At least 1 year of work-related experience or proven experience in commercial truck driving
– Driving record will be reviewed and evaluated
– Proficiency in reading a tape measure
– Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
– Able to use material handling equipment, pallet jacks and forklifts.
– Utilize situational awareness in detecting any deviation in the functioning of the machine
– Ability to understand read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
– Ensuring that safety is always top priority while working
– Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Sitting approximately 8-10 hours, 5 -6 days a week, depending on business needs
– Regular twisting, bending, squatting, pushing, pivoting, and moving or lifting 10-15 pounds.
– Employees will frequently lift and/or move 10-50 pounds while occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
– Pass a physical evaluation stating healthy to drive commercial vehicle
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration
– The noise level is usually loud
– May be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace
Frontier Door and Cabinet’s Safety Program and all established safety rules must be followed, and equipment used where required. This will include safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection (when needed) while on the production floor. This position will also require use of gloves, dust masks and at times, a respirator.
Download the PDF below, fill out the Employment Application and save the PDF.
Upload the PDF at the button below by filling out needed information and then click submit!
Thanks for your submission!