Location: Tacoma, WA
Schedule: M-F | 12:30pm-9:00pm
The position of Machine Operator is to operate machines in the production of cabinets or doors and millwork from raw materials to finished product. This is done by the configuration of equipment, loading the machines, all the while meeting the production demands. As we are a production-based company the person hired for this role will need to work the assigned shift which does have hours that could include mandatory overtime.
– Feed material through machines or “catch” material and stack them accordingly using rollers
– Follow instructions from more experienced employees to operate machines, hold or supply materials and tools, and load and unload items from machines and assembly lines
– Keep manufacturing areas free of debris
– Use of hand tools, power tools, staple gun, glue gun throughout the workday
– Set out or put away tools to keep area neat for safety
– Locate parts, tag them with identifying text and numbers, and record information such as gauge readings, products produced and manufacturing times
– Assist with quality control by reporting defective products or equipment malfunctions to higher-level employees, and if necessary, assist with any fixes
– Follow all safety requirements
– Other duties as assigned
– High School diploma or GED
– Minimum 3-6 months related experience and/or training
– Previous experience with tools and/or industrial machines preferred
– Basic mathematics
– Proficiency in reading a tape measure
– Utilize situational awareness in detecting any deviation in the functioning of the machine
– Ability to understand read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
– Ensuring that safety is always top priority while working
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Standing approximately 8-10 hours, 5 days a week, depending on business need, may be required to work 6 days/week depending on business need
– Fine motor abilities are needed to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
– Specific vision abilities might be required by this job that include close vision, particularly reading that may be very fine print
– Regular twisting, bending, squatting, pushing, pivoting, and moving or lifting 10-15 pounds
– Employees will frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds while occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
– Conveyance systems and rollers are available to move pieces
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
-The noise level is usually loud.
-Employees may be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
Frontier Door and Cabinet’s Safety Program and all established safety rules must be followed, and equipment used where required. This will include safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection (when needed) while on the production floor.
Download the PDF below, fill out the Employment Application and save the PDF.
Upload the PDF at the button below by filling out needed information and then click submit!
Thanks for your submission!