Assistant Estimators are responsible for managing new bid invites and collecting all the necessary documentation to create an accurate bid. This also entails responding to customer queries and updating bid portals with project status. Internally manages bid tracking software and manages the ongoing schedule for our estimators. Collects all completed estimates for final review prior to submittal. Assists department leads with miscellaneous tasks such as sample creation, shipping, and customer follow up calls.
The employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet ongoing business needs or additional duties may be assigned per employee’s growth and development.
– Evaluate new bid requests for viability.
– Downloading all pertinent documents.
– File management and storage in multiple platforms.
– Scheduling and oversight of estimating group tasks
– Tracking and reporting on estimating team progress
– Customer follow up calls.
– Read and interpret architectural blue prints and technical documents for information pertaining to scope of work.
– Experience reading/understanding specifications, blue prints, and hardware schedules a plus.
– Annotate drawings for accurate bidding and pricing
– Work with Sales team and division Leads to help create cohesive project proposals.
– Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to estimating issues.
– Computer literacy- Excel, Word, email and internet required. MS Teams, Blue Beam, and Procore a definite plus. Knowledge of Project Management software and other Microsoft Office tools to track, monitor, and report on other tasks as needed
– Represent the company at all times with integrity and professionalism and be able to escalate questions and issues to Sales/Estimating team as needed.
– A sense of urgency and a passion for customer and company satisfaction and thoroughness.
– Must have strong time management skills and be comfortable with a deadline driven schedule.
– Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
– Working knowledge of Estimating software, Microsoft Office, and other programs such as Bluebeam, AutoCad, and CRM software is desired.
– Knowledge of commercial construction industry and material.
– Technical knowledge of construction of cabinetry and doors is a bonus.|
– Must have excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, and strong attention to detail.
– Honesty and integrity, exercise good judgment.
– Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and applications.
– Knowledge of practical application of Engineering and Technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
– Strong attendance.
Download the PDF below, fill out the Employment Application and save the PDF.
Upload the PDF at the button below by filling out needed information and then click submit!
Thanks for your submission!